Wednesday, September 19, 2012

San Diego day 4

August decided to wake at 4 am so it started out early. At around 6 am I decided to find the sunrise and take some photos. I went back to Cabrillo National Monument except it was closed so I parked nearby and took shots at Fort Rosencrans National cemetery. What a beautiful beautiful place. One side overlooking the bay and Coronado and the other the ocean. An honorable final resting place for military and their families.

After that we all went to a local Cuban patisserie for breakfast snacks. Amazing quiche, delectable raspberry scone with passion fruit icing and a guava Danish. Ridiculous good.

We strolled around and Auggie took a nap. After more rest we went to the zoo. It totally lives up to its reputation. There was no way we could take it all in.

We were able to finally introduce Auggie to elephants...lots of them! Brookfield Zoo in Chicago is currently without elephants. It was an amazing habitat and all the exhibits at the zoo had you so close to the animals.

August loved the "skyfari" a tram that takes you from one side of the zoo to the other. So much of the zoo was awesome that I can't put it all in notes here.

Tuckered out, we grabbed some takeout and went home.

Tomorrow back to the beach. Only thing the on the agenda...relax (and maybe some ice cream!)

No comments: