Sunday, November 13, 2011

Grateful: Days 11, 12 & 13

11 - Friday I got home after a long day and was feeling domestic. Made homemade applesauce to accompany the pork chops and stuffing I "whipped" up. I am not all that fantastic...the stuffing was from a box. Despite my stressed attitude at times, I enjoyed a nice meal with my two favorite guys. I am grateful for having plenty to eat and for sharing my meals with the two most handsome guys I know.



12 - I am grateful for MY TEN MONTH old.  We had a full Saturday agenda. August and I went to his first swimming "lesson" which is really just a water orientation. He loved it - not a single cry in protest. He even went underwater during "ring around the rosey". We had a great time and managed to get changed and back home in a decent amount of time (it was tricky to dry up in the family changing rooms at the pool).

I am grateful for being trusted enough to photograph memories for friends, old and new. Had a photo shoot in the afternoon. The "golden hour" was lovely, but it was a little too chilly, so a makeshift shoot in a hallway still yielded some unique and fun photos. Here is a photo of August before we got the shoot started. He was a wee bit tired...and pissed that I put him in that adorable moose hat!

I am grateful for wine with friends. We were invited to a wine tasting party of a former colleague of mine. We had so much fun catching up and meeting their circle of friends. I am looking forward to more opportunities to visit again soon. And thanks to Nana, especially, for keeping our boy company so mom and dad could have some adult interaction for an evening. Before our night out, we grabbed a quick bite for some pancakes. August had his first taste of lemon. I am grateful for the laughs!!

13 - I am oh so grateful for a giving husband. He will always help a friend in need and it reminds me of merely one of the reasons I love him.

I am also extremely grateful for some of the cutest and sweetest babysitters ever. August and I swung by my sister-in-laws and hung out with the family for awhile today. Gwen and I took a snack break at a neighbors Tastefully Simple party and the boy was carefully watched over by his three big cousins. The full report upon our return was that he was perfectly happy and laughing and enjoying playtime with the family. I have always cherished my cousins and it makes me so happy that as our families grow, our kids will have a wonderful support system of cousins. The LaSalle girls and the Matteo kiddos are the best ever. I hold the title of aunt in high regard and do not take it for granted. I hope that all of my nieces and nephew feel the infinite love that I have for them.

Ok - so definitely sappy today. It's Sunday. It's what I do.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: