Saturday, November 28, 2015

A Whole Lotta Thanks

I just realized it's been a year since I last posted. Woa!!

We just spent a few days with my brother and his family at our house. Here are my favorite memories in no particular order.

1. Watching my kids play with their cousins from 4.5-13 years old
2. Putting out my wedding china and debating if it was really necessary...but then remembering why I love it.
3. Playing "Heads Up" with the kids - all of them - and loving it.
4. Sharing the kitchen and meal prep with my sister in law. For a vegan, she sure knew how to handle that turkey.
5. Using our wedding unity candle for our Thanksgiving table.
6. Painting ceramics on a "girls day"
7. Stuffing.
8. Bath-time with the three youngest kids and inappropriate comments in the midst of their innocent observations.
9. Watching my brother flip through, and chuckle, at our mom's photo albums.
10. Lullabies and stories by the "campfire"
11. Playing Frogger with my nephew
12. The noise of Wiggles on tv and the girl dancing and squealing, the ipads making various noise of Dr Panda and other games, great music, and life being lived in one space together.
13. Coffee...but not super strong coffee that keeps me up til 2am.
14. The girl singing "uffin an uffin an" while eating my banana nut muffins.
15. Hugging everyone. I can not get enough of that. EVER.

I am so thankful for the life we lead. It is easy to overlook and focus on only what needs to be done --- it is a long ass list. I enjoyed just being. Being with my family. Being well fed. Being warm. Being loving. Being loved. Being.

No comments: