Sunday, June 18, 2017

Fathers Day

I heard My Girl this morning and kept it together. Instead of crying, I smiled. A little pang of pissed offedness followed by contentment that he is all around me.

I wasn't a daddy's girl per se. I was connected to my mom's hip from day one. All I know is I was intimidated by the 6' 2" man. Always wondering if he liked me (hello unreasonably insecure). Later realizing, he was actually a big softie and my biggest fan. I am so grateful for the example he set for work ethic and love. And wish I still had time to get to know him better. I miss him. I am ticked he didn't get to meet the girl or see the boy running around and constantly sharing little facts here and there. But being ticked doesn't help. So my kids know Grandpa Bob and talk of him often. ❤️

No comments: