Life with young kids and crazy work schedules is rough. We are constantly juggling and hoping to not completely mess up where/when our kids/we are to be somewhere. Then there's the whole lack of sleep thing. I for one have the permanent eye twitch. Super fun.
All that aside, I am tickled that, for the last three consecutive nights, we have thoroughly enjoyed our evening family time. Lots of laughter and silliness.
On Wednesday both the fly guy and I had the day off of work. We ran errands unencumbered - fedex, Costco and AT&T have never been so much fun. We even held hands and enjoyed lunch...with beer!
That evening we picked up the kids and made a mishmosh picnic in the living room. The boy LOVES oldies, so we rocked out to his Lion Sleeps Tonight Pandora station. Cheese and crackers and a warm fire. About halfway through, the boy announced he was going to warm his toes. And so it was.
We laughed and had a nice stress free evening.
Last night, I ended up at work late. The hubs started his day in the 3 am hour and was still going in the evening to make us a yummy dinner. Upon my arrival I noticed the boy's pants were on backward. Somehow this turned into a dance party with a little Kris Kross playing. Completely with father and son standing on their chairs and dancing. The girl thought we were all bonkers.
Tonight... whoops. I was late again. When I sat down they were all done eating but they hung out while I had my dinner. The boy was playing with some shades and the girl was marching around with her purse. I love this crazy, exhausting life. I pray that my kids remember and cherish the family time spent laughing. It's not always rainbows and puppy dogs so when we can let loose and not take ourselves too seriously, the joy follows.

No comments:
Post a Comment