Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving Thanks for a full Week

It's been awhile since I posted so here are few updates.
Sunday 11/18 August was baptized. We had gorgeous weather and he was a very good boy. I didn't get many pics on my phone so actual camera photos will follow. After church we came back to our house and celebrated with cake and snacks. It felt wonderful to have plenty of space to entertain.




I even used mom's punch bowl which felt good to dust off and put to use.




Many thanks all around. August now has some essential Shel Silverstein, his first Bible as well as some added support for his college fund.
The boy has also taken to washing his hands. He asks to do it and lists everything out - hot, cold, soap, hands...
He now goes into the washroom and starts the water and smiles at himself in the mirror.




He loves his airplane stool!




I got my new lens...and I'm happy!




I stayed home on Wednesday and while Aug was at daycare the vents were cleaned and I picked up two new chairs for our dining room. I think we are all set in there!




I also hung more pictures and worked on boxes in our bedroom. Slow and steady...
Thanksgiving day Doug was still on his trip so Auggie and I woke up and watched some of the parade. He didn't seem to care, nor did I.




We hurried off to check out the annual toilet bowl football game. The Tarmichael team won for the 5th year in a row, I believe. Auggie enjoyed playing with his cousins Morgan, Grace and Mia.
Doug arrived home around. 1:30 and we made our way to Aunt Liz's for the Tarmichael family dinner. Food was delicious. Auggie enjoyed a piece of bread, some jello and too many cookies. He didn't know which way to turn with so many people! He was a very good boy.
As we were leaving Auggie decided to chime in with "gobble gobble" as we loaded him into his car seat. Great comedic timing!
He has actually taken to singing Jingle Bells and Frosty the Smowman. Pardon the bath time video, but it's most fitting as thy is where we sing best.
http://youtu.be/rKhrSN7OqJI
On Friday I did some photography in the morning. That evening we all got out of the house an went to Chuck E Cheese. Crazy? Maybe...but Auggie really enjoyed it. The horse was his favorite. Skee ball was also a winner except he just wanted to carry the balls all around.




Today I took Auggie to see the Polar Express at the Arcada Theater in downtown St Charles. This picture is of the organist playing carols before the start.




Auggie was a trooper and sat captivated for most of the movie. he was calling it a "santa moomie". When we left he was so charged up he was galloping along across the bridge.




I am loving making new memories now that Auggie is getting a little older. Can't wait to get decorating!
The agenda for next weekend is a special visit from my dear friend and sorority sister, Jaime who currently lives just outside of NYC. We are going to see a concert and probably do some girlie stuff like manicures. Can't wait! Doug will be home so it will be a little staycation of sorts since he will be on Auggie duty.
Hope all read this had a fantastic holiday.
Much live from Doug, Marti and August.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: