Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

I started an insanely long introspective blog post on New Years Eve. Unfortunately (quite possibly, fortunately) I lost the draft.

So here is my short and sweet version, boiled down.

2012 was fickle. In my original post I said it was a bitch. After much consideration, though I never could have imagined the loss of my father, I can't "blame" the year. Sometimes it really sucks to have God teach us lessons...especially when you aren't quite sure what is to be gleaned.

So..in short (after already getting long winded) extreme lows and also some pretty good highs.

We look forward to our first full year of firsts in our new home. Personal goal is more "in person" time with family and friends. Technology makes it so easy for us to stay in touch (umm case in point this blog post) without REAL interaction.

I will still be sharing here, but you can also expect some phone calls.

I want to try to share daily updates and or photos on the blog. I got a little off track with the goal in 2012 on June 14th.

Here is the picture I took the morning of Thursday, June 14, 2012 as I went for a walk before work. It was a pretty day and the mist was settled over this small wetland. I actually remember really taking it in and being thankful for the beauty around us. And now, ironically as I look at this, I think this may be a portion of the wetland that backs up to our lovely new house.



Tonight I watched my cute boy focus intently on making a train track.


After putting some pieces together he would clap and say "yay!!"







What is not pictured is the hissy fit that followed when trying to get ready for bath time...which is normally no problem. Picture if you will a stark naked two year old (almost) continuously leaving the bathroom and attempting to go downstairs. He was all out of sorts! Night night time and a little bible book reading did the trick.

Peace and love in 2013.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: