Sunday, April 5, 2009

Keeping up

I have yet to really share this blog with anyone. Two reasons 1 - It's just another silly thing Marti is doing online (or that's what I assume people will think). 2 - We are busy as it is...will we do a good job of keeping up with it?

Well, I am going to make a concerted effort..that's for sure. While I am actively on Facebook telling you all what I am eating or thinking at a moment's notice, this will be a place to keep in touch with only our closest friends and family on a deeper level. Sometimes the posts might be nonsensical, sometimes they might have opinions that differ from your own, sometimes we will just be bragging about our beautiful nieces and nephew. No matter what, we hope to keep you filled in on the happenings of life for Doug and Marti.

I'll get started with today - I started volunteering my time with HELP - Homes for Endangered and Lost Pets. I help with adoptions at Petsmart in Geneva for 2 hours every few weeks. I love to be able to help the kitties that are in foster care find a happy home. Admittedly, I want to find them a home with us sometimes. I will be there today from 1:30-3:30.

Doug has been working weekends, solidly, since he started flight instructing. It's hard, because weekends used to be our time to hang together. Spending time together has been limited, but its all for the greater good. He's getting ready now to head out and won't be back until sometime this evening. His last student is at 6pm (each student session is approx 3 hours). If the snow comes in, he might be home earlier.

Well, just got Doug out the door with an egg sandwich, banana and a breakfast bar. Time to go feed myself!

No comments: