I want to officially thank that pompous dyson guy. He makes a great product. Truly, have I never been so excited to vacuum and clean baseboards. Mom would be proud. Thanks for the sweet vacuum momma Lynn.
The hardwoods are glistening, the toilets are clean and the kitchen is ready for some hot stuff! We woke up early (thanks Auggie) and were at the house by 7:30. Even got to meet a neighbor. After a trip to menards we owned a lawnmower and other fun homeowner goodies.
Cleaning was the name of the game and there is still plenty to do. Auggie hung out with nana a bit and we all just enjoyed the space!!
Doug tinkered with the pool, garage and other manly things. We just keep acting silly about the excitement of our home.
Many times today I thought of mom and dad. I know how proud they would be. Mom would be scheming to have us paint something burgundy and dad would be giving me tips on the handy stuff. Plus, I really think he'd like sitting on the deck. I am excited to hear we will have our first house guests over labor day! Kathy surprised me with that info today. Seems she and Tony & Sara have been scheming.
Doug had to head out for a quick trip tonight. He will be home in the am and we begin the heavy lifting. Did I mention we are excited?
Finally, I just wanted to share what a great chat I had with my 86 year old grandma today on her birthday. For as long as I can remember that cute southern accent has come through the phone lines singing happy birthday to me. I was happy to return the favor. Grandma Moe is a special lady and you can't help but love her. She thanked me a ton and added in a few "darlin's" for good measure. When I asked her how she was, her response? "still mean as shit". She is a riot! I am grateful to be able to chat with her and have so much fun. Happy birthday Mozelle. We love you.
And to cap off my rambling post, here is Auggie being silly and inspecting the cabinets. Also a shot of the deck. A table and chairs are high on the list in my book!




1 comment:
Marti and Doug, so very proud of you two. You don't know how much my heart feels the happiest you are sharing at this time. I know my sister and Bob are looking down and smiling and sending their love to you. I am excited to see the house, and my babies also. I LOVE YOU , DOUG, AND AUGUST SOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH....
Post a Comment