Monday, January 30, 2012

Tough Day

I really had a case of the Monday's today. All silly inconsequential work stuff. But what really made today tough was to hear from one of my dearest friends, Greg, that a long time friend of his passed away rather suddenly yesterday.

While I did not know Gary well, I saw what a kind, loving and boisterous man he was. He took to our family and especially Mom in a heartbeat. When I couldn't be in Georgia to help mom pack for her move to Tony's, Gary and Greg were there to help, no questions asked.

In October, Gary was at mom's visitation AND funeral (and post-party as he called it) to help us remember and celebrate mom. I pray for his family and send lots of love to Greg and all of Gary's friends in Atlanta. I am going to spill a little red wine on the carpet in his memory.

Here is a picture of Gary on day 30 of 365.

No comments: